Monday, April 30, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Is it really Monday again? Yikes. This weekend was a busy - albeit productive - one. I think the nesting bug is hitting me. Yesterday I scrubbed the inside of my fridge, organized my kitchen and half bath and revamped the mudroom. And cleaned upstairs. And baked 42 mini cupcakes. There are 17 left.

Jordan almost hung our new storm door. :) Is anyone interested in helping him with that?
Anyway, the weekend is gone and it's Monday!

Here is our schedule for this week:

Monday            - nothing
Tuesday            - work for me, Jordan will be home with the boys
Wednesday       - work for me, softball for Jordan. Nana is coming to babysit!
Thursday           - work for me, Jordan will be home with the boys
Friday               - nothing. The weather should be beautiful, so I'm thinking grilling out sounds good!

So our meal plan:
Monday      - chicken broccoli alfredo. I am trying my hand at homemade alfredo sauce. Pray for me.
Tuesday      - I need a crockpot meal, so I am thinking lasagna and homemade bread.
Wednesday - Something simple for my mom. Homemade healthy "chicken nuggets". I will probably make zucchini fries again, because the boys liked them, and I will be breading the chicken breast anyhow. The boys can have some fresh fruit, as well. Lord knows our crisper is full!
Thursday     - I'll break tradition a bit and do pizza night on Thursday this week. A couple of whole grain thin crusts - tomato sauce and mozzarella for the boys, buffalo chicken for Jordan. Add some sliced fruit or easy steamed veggies to round it out.
Friday         - make Jordan man the grill! A steak for him and chicken breast for the boys and I. Fresh garlic bread, roasted potatoes and steamed carrots.

I batch-cooked some waffles this weekend and froze a bunch, so for easy breakfast options this week we have waffles, toast and cereal. I might try to make some baked oatmeal today, so we can add that in, too. We've also got two pineapples to eat, a bunch of oranges, blueberries, apples and bananas. They always make an appearance on our breakfast table!

No comments:

Post a Comment