Monday, July 2, 2012

Where have I been?

Emmy has made her arrival! I have spent the last month in newborn bliss... or a groggy, busy state resembling what should be newborn bliss!

Emmy was born on June 5th, 2012 at 1:03 am. She missed her due date of June 4th by precisely one hour!

Here are a few pictures of our newest love.





Things around here have been busy to say the least! Jordan was home with us for the first week, but I have been on my own with all three kids for three weeks now. The first few days were too smooth - I thought things were going to be easy! Last week tested my patience and sanity in a way that I didn't think was possible. It was rough.

Today, however, starts a new week. I am jumping in with two feet and I am determined to make this week better than last. I am going to have more patience, try to take care of myself better, yell less, get everyone outside more, be more consistent with giving the boys (Gavin, especially!) consequences for their misbehavior and - in general - try to keep everyone alive, fed and HAPPY. Can I do it? I guess we will see!

Step one of trying to get back on track is to plan what we are having for dinner. At least then I won't fall into the witching-hour trap of wondering what the heck we are going to eat! So hear is our quick meal plan for the week:

Monday: Chicken Parmesean and fresh bread
Tuesday: Pineapple, brown rice and shrimp stir fry
Wednesday - July 4th! - grilled steak and chicken, roasted potatoes, steamed veggies and garlic bread
Thursday - pork chops in the crock pot, rice and veggies
Friday - hamburger hashbrowns, as requested by the hubby
Saturday - buffalo chicken sandwiches, fruit salad and fries
Sunday - spicy southwest chicken wraps with black beans and rice

Hopefully I will be back soon with more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment