Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lack-of-Meal-Plan Tuesday

Wondering what happened to Meal Plan Monday?

Yesterday was so busy that I forgot to post my meal plan. Sunday was so busy that I forgot to make a meal plan. Heck, this week - I barely went grocery shopping. Mason and I stopped and grabbed a few things at the store while Gavin was at school this morning.

Can I just say that I hate not grocery shopping? If I don't do one big grocery trip... I end up doing 5 small grocery trips and it just becomes so expensive!

The week's plans... ugh.

Monday - work for me. I made quiche for the guys.
Tuesday - work for me. Game for Jordan (cancelled due to rain). Easy pasta and fresh bread with steamed broccoli.
Wednesday - work for me. Window company coming to give a quote for replacement windows. Dinner must be fast and require no prep or work on Jordan's part... so I'm thinking pork chops in the crockpot, rice and steamed veggies.
Thursday - work for me, and Jordan is working late. My sister is coming to watch the boys and I'm ordering them a pizza!
Friday - Jordan's softball game has been rescheduled, so the boys and I are going to go watch daddy play. This means a picnic dinner - PB&J on whole wheat, fresh fruit, crackers and bottled water, all packed up for the game!

Since Sunday was Mother's Day, I didn't do any batch cooking, baking, freezing or fruit preparation. I think later in the week I will go and buy a watermelon and pineapple for the boys, but for now they are fine with the apples, oranges, strawberries, bananas and blueberries that we have that don't require chopping and storage. I am also planning to "celebrate" National Chocolate Chip Day today by making a fresh batch of chocolate chip muffins with the boys, so we can have those to snack on this week, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment