Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thankful

I am a lucky woman. My life may not be exciting or newsworthy or even particularly glamorous, but I truly am blessed beyond words. And one of my biggest blessings, and a person that I am incredibly thankful for, is my husband.

Jordan, playing around with Gavin.

Jordan and I got married five years ago. Even before we were married, our life was an adventure. We just seemed to fit together so well, right from the beginning. Where one is lacking, the other is strong. Where one is giving up, the other is holding on. When one needs a break, the other steps in to help. We make each other laugh. Yes, we make each other yell in frustration sometimes, but we always come back to laughter and that is what matters in this world.

In our five short years of marriage, we have had two (almost three!) babies, bought and remodeled a house, been through numerous career transitions, lost loved ones and gained new friends. It's been a busy time, but there is no one else that I would rather share it with!

About a year and a half ago, after I had Mason, I desperately did not want to return to work. I felt a strong calling to be a stay at home mom. I know that Jordan took a huge leap of faith to agree to me quitting my full-time job to stay home with the boys. I know that it was stressful for him to take on the roll of sole financial provider, and I know that he had hesitations. But I also recognize that our family has grown so much because of our decision for me to stay home and because of our commitment to our boys (and soon-to-be daughter!). He is a dedicated husband, provider and father. It makes my heart so happy to hear our boys shout, "Daddy!" and run to him with hugs when he returns home from work. There is no one in the world that those boys would rather play with or spend time with than their amazing dad.


So Jordan - I love you! I am so thankful for you and all of your hard work and your dedication to our family. I know I do not say it enough, but you are an amazing husband and father and we love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment