Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kid-isms

My life probably seems boring and uneventful to most people. And some days, it truly is. But these two little guys that I get to spend my time with are incredibly smart and funny, and there are certain days where I wish we had a camera crew to follow us around and capture all of the strange and hilarious things that happen during the day.

Today is one of those days. And it isn't even noon.

Mason has been following every single action with a loud, spread-armed "Ta-Da!" Successfully balance plastic red car on mom's head? Ta-Da! Take a bite of my peanut butter sandwich? Ta-Da! Open plastic tool box without help? Ta-Da! He's a one man magic show today.

We picked Gavin up from nursery school this morning and he told me that he made a duck. I asked him what he named it. He looked at me like I was literally the dumbest person to ever walk the face of the earth, summoned up his most sarcastic tone and told me, "Mom. A duck is a duck. Ducks don't have names." Pause. "But I named him Goose."

We got home from school and I paused getting out of the car (to text hubs the above duck story) and said, "Ugh. It's such a rainy day." Gavin told me, "It's actually not raining."

"It's not?" I asked.

"Nope," he replied. "It's just water falling from the clouds. It's called per-cip-i-tation."

Was I schooled in meteorology by my three year old? Yes, I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment